Tuesday, November 27, 2012

#7 White Swan

White Swan copyright 2012 Alesha Fowlie Watercolour and Acrylic on Gessoed Paper

Oops, was supposed to post every Monday! Well I was hoping to.....but realistically I knew that might be difficult when I started this six week course. I did manage to do this little watercolour painting  I will be giving to my Grandmother for her 90th birthday this Sunday, (she likes swans.) 

I always like the way paint reacts on gessoed watercolour paper and particularly enjoy the feel of the  primed paper which has a nice weight reminiscent of leather.
On this little  6 by 9 inch piece I experimented with using fluid acrylics and the effects of spraying Isopropyl alcohol into the wet washes. For a few finishing touches I added a little Inktense pencil.

No comments:

Post a Comment